Tuesday, February 21, 2012

End of Day 1

I learned finally the features of "Wordle", I know how to change fonts, color, and even customize the colors. Dr. Luongo showed us how to save our wordles and publish them into our blogs. They are actually really interesting and I would definitely use them in my future lessons. For example, when reading a new story, I could ask the children what they think the story is going to be about. As they are telling me I could be typing the ideas into wordle and see what the common idea is after creating it. We didn't learn about what a "glog" is so it is still a mystery. However, we will be back here on Friday, so hopefully we learn :)

2 comments:

  1. I think the idea of you typing in ideas while the students were brainstorming is great. I may have to use that in years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea, too. Look here: http://edudemic.com/2010/07/45-interesting-ways-to-use-wordle-in-the-classroom/

    Also, the glog is coming.......

    ReplyDelete